Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Primary Bulkhead Trim



April 14, 2020




The focus of the day was to fabricate the trim for the primary bulkheads.  I started by taking measurements of the inboard edges of the port and starboard bulkheads, and then selecting teak stock to support the efforts.  I jointed one edge of the teak stock, and the cut to dimension the required trim blanks.  The dimensions that I arrived at for the bulkhead trim was 1.25" by 7/8".  Once trimming to the appropriate lengths, I set out to cut the channel in the trim boards.  



I removed the interior "meat" of the channel through several passes on the table saw, and came back with a chisel to clean up the surfaces.



There were a few slight modifications once I began test-fitting the trim pieces in the boat, but I quickly dialed in the final dimensions.  Like I had done with the landing platform trim, I stopped at the rough shaping and dimensioning of the trim work and will come back later to ease edges and smooth out surfaces.


Total Time Today: 1.5 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 29, 2020 The day had arrived!  Time to apply the name of the vessel...S/V Sea Hagg, hailing out of Key Largo (there's on...