Wednesday, July 29, 2020


July 29, 2020



The day had arrived!  Time to apply the name of the vessel...S/V Sea Hagg, hailing out of Key Largo (there's only one Key Largo!).

I made it down to Sea Hagg just in time to endure a tremendous thunderstorm, so I hung out in the car for nearly an hour awaiting the passing rain.  I finally set up a large golf umbrella on my ladder to shield the rain from the transom, and got started.

I first aligned the Allied 24's name, and then secured it in place.



I then turned to the hailing port, Key Largo.  She has a good-looking transom!


my next task for the day was installation of a locking mechanism in order to secure the cabin below.  Due to the hatch and drop board construction and assembly, I decided on a keyed cam lock to prevent unwanted visitors from going below.  The cam lock is 316 stainless, and should stand up well with the environment. 



I marked for the location for the installation, and used a small hole saw for the keyed barrel of the lock.



I then assembled the various components of the lock, and checked its efficacy. Check!



Her rig is nearly ready, she is nearly ready, her owner is READY!


Total Time Today: 2 hrs


No comments:

Post a Comment

July 29, 2020 The day had arrived!  Time to apply the name of the vessel...S/V Sea Hagg, hailing out of Key Largo (there's on...