Friday, March 27, 2020

Sanding & Painting the Interior


March 26, 2020



In a marathon painting session, I completed the interior paint and essentially prepared the path forward to completing the interior construction and trim work.  



I began by sanding all primed interior surfaces, beginning with the chain locker bulkhead and working aft toward to the cabin/cockpit bulkhead.  I used 180-grit paper to just scuff the surfaces to allow a good mechanical bond with the Interlux Premium Yacht Paint.  



As can be seen in the photo below, I left the small floor in the v-berth unpainted since I needed to get some epoxy fairing work done prior to priming it.  I successfully worked around this area and will be coming back soon to prepare the area to primer paint.



I applied the interior topcoat paint with both brush and foam roller.  



The final coat of paint on the interior came out great and brightened up the surfaces in a dramatic way.


Total Time Today: 5.75 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 29, 2020 The day had arrived!  Time to apply the name of the vessel...S/V Sea Hagg, hailing out of Key Largo (there's on...