Saturday, July 4, 2020

6th (and Final) Coat of Topsides Paint


July 4th, 2020



With enough topsides paint in reserve, I planned yesterday for early coat of paint this morning by lightly sanding the hull yesterday evening.  I awoke early this morning and headed for the shop.  Upon arrival, I gathered the materials (Alexseal paint), and mixed a pot of the two-part paint and then set it to the side to wait for the induction period to expire.

Whilst the paint was doing its chemical thing, I headed to the boat to prepare the hull by first wiping it down with a damp rag, and then followed that with a rag dampened with acetone.  Back to the shop for the painting tools, I quickly commenced with the painting.


Total Time Today 0 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 29, 2020 The day had arrived!  Time to apply the name of the vessel...S/V Sea Hagg, hailing out of Key Largo (there's on...