Monday, June 15, 2020

Sanding the Cockpit, Deck, and Coachroof



June 15, 2020



No pics for this session!  I finished out a day in the office, returning from ~10 weeks working from home, and headed straight over to the Allied 24.  I am a coat of finish paint away from installing brightwork and applying nonskid paint, so the motivation is elevated to get this topcoat applied.

I used 320-grit paper and methodically made my way around the cockpit, deck and coachroof, scuffing the prior layer of topcoat applied, taking down any imperfections or high spots.

In the coming days, I will lay down the final coat of deck paint - followed by nonskid paint.

Total Time Today: 2 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 29, 2020 The day had arrived!  Time to apply the name of the vessel...S/V Sea Hagg, hailing out of Key Largo (there's on...