Friday, May 22, 2020

Lazarette Hatch & V-berth Floor Trim


May 22, 2020



I had a number of extracurricular activities going on today, so my time on the Allied 24 was limited to roughly two hours.  I started by water-washing the skim coat of fairing compound I had applied the day earlier.  Once I had dried the surface, I sanded the deck to fair, and then cleaned the surface with a solvent wash.



I set the lazarette hatch in place and marked for the fasteners.  Once pre-drilled, I tapped for #10-24 machine screws.



The two hinges would require four fasteners per hinge.



After tapping the fastener holes, I installed the hatch to test fit - all good. I then mixed a small pot of Intrlux Primekote (two-part epoxy-based primer), and applied it to the prepared surface.



I had enough time to grab the V-berth floor trim and install it.  Interior trim nearly finished!  We have some additional work on the landing platform, specifically, a method to secure the companionway drop boards while the vessel is in use.


Total Time Today: 1.5 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 29, 2020 The day had arrived!  Time to apply the name of the vessel...S/V Sea Hagg, hailing out of Key Largo (there's on...